The Stage in partnership with a wide range of companies and organizations offer outstanding university students, students in a similar educational programme or recent university graduates the opportunity to gain experience and acquire exposure to the work of different institutions. The Internship Programme is intended to provide valuable work experience in desired fields by strengthening skills, professional networks and self-efficacy. Through the Stage Internship Programme, interns will be able to develop interpersonal skills, team-working skills and hands-on experience in various fields. The program intends to increase the employability and skill development of each intern selected.
Two cycles of internship shall be run annually. Each cycle shall consist of 10 interns who will undergo a 3-month internship.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to visit this page often as internship openings are posted regularly. The Stage accepts internship applications for posted positions only. Applicants must submit a current resume and cover letter online specifying which internship they are applying for. Only those applications submitted online will be considered. You can only apply to two internships per cycle (every 6 months). The number and nature of each internship will depend on the needs of the institutions.
Remuneration or financial support
Internship can be either paid, unpaid or partially paid (in the form of a stipend).
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship, recent graduate (within 12 months of graduation) or of similar educational programme.
- Interest in the field of the internship programme posted.
- Written and spoken proficiency in the required language.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and to establish and maintain good working relations with individuals of different cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated record of commitment to work and completion of tasks by deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated experience and success in working effectively and constructively in teams.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and integrity..
- Interns will be assigned to a substantive unit and will report to a specific supervisor. Each institution will prepare terms of reference (“TOR”) describing the intern’s tasks which will be shared on each internship posting.